- Food Bank’s Greens ‘R’ Great Program Takes RootPosted 2 days ago
- Downtown Phoenix Saves the TreesPosted 2 days ago
- Shoot For A Good TimePosted 3 days ago
- Winter in JulyPosted 3 days ago
- UTI Foundation Receives Generous GrantPosted 7 days ago
- ICM to Begin Children’s Nutrition ProgramPosted 7 days ago
Enchancing the Quality of Life
The Area Agency on Aging, Region One received $23,000 for the 2013/14 fiscal year through Tempe’s Help to Other Program – a partnership between Tempe Community Council and the City of Tempe.
The Area Agency on Aging, Region One is one of 15 programs within 11 agencies funded by Help to Others during this year’s grant cycle program. The Area Agency on Aging, Region One plans, coordinates, develops and delivers services for seniors (60 years +), persons of any age who are HIV positive, adults (18-59 years) with disabilities and long-term care needs, and family caregivers of older adults. The $23,000 award will assist in funding our Benefits Assistance Program and In Home Services.
The Area Agency on Aging gives its sincerest thanks to Tempe Community Council for its continued support of the programs that benefit Tempe residents and for all they do to enhance the quality of life for older adults in our community.
Help to Others (H2O) was created in 1999 to provide Tempe residents the opportunity to easily contribute to their community. H2O is a voluntary, tax deductible donation that is distributed to local nonprofit organizations serving Tempeans in need. In the past 12 years, over $845,000 helped provide vital services to children in crisis, homebound seniors, homeless teens and families in need. Every dollar raised supports youth and senior programs and helps provide a better community for everyone.
For the 2013/14 fiscal year, $100,000 was granted to programs that assist individuals, seniors, families and children facing crisis, so they can move to a place of stability and eventual self-sufficiency. There are several ways to give help and hope to others and continue supporting the efforts of the Tempe Community Council and the Area Agency On Aging.
Ways to Support:
• Tempe residents and water users can make a donation on the monthly Tempe utility bill under
“Total + Voluntary Donation” line of the bill.
• SurePay customers can call Customer Service (450) 350-8361 to sign up for a monthly deduction.
• Anyone can make a direct, tax-deductible gift to Tempe Community Council online at
or by mail.
OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO Tempe Community Council